Monday, June 4, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays...

It's raining...

I want light...

I want the sun...

Will lamps do...?

Maybe today is really a day for rain outside....

And for lamps, inside...

For the cozy feeling, which this gives...

Why do I need light...?

Is it in the nature of humans, to want the light...?

Ancient humans feared the deeper darkness of Winter...

Some people, even today, dread going to sleep at night...

They see it, as a form of succumbing to the darkness, which signifies death...

If darkness signifies death, then light signifies life...

Is that why I want the light...?

So, what of people who love rainy days...?

Does the gray/darkness of a rainy day, signify something else to them...?

A time of rest, perhaps...?

A time to rest up, for the coming vigor, of the light...?

Do you prefer light...?

Do you prefer a certain amount of gray/darkness...?

Or, does your preference change, with your mood and with the day...?

What do you prefer...?

And have you ever wondered why, you have this preference...?